EdiPro increases client workload capacity by absorbing 30 expedited medical journal titles for a leading publisher.
An industry-leading publishing group hired EdiPro to immediately absorb nearly 30 journal titles for medical copyediting immediately. The client received executive orders to move this work to an external supplier. The fast transition created several complications for the client, and EdiPro sought to be a turnkey solution, scaling capacity and prioritizing flexibility and responsiveness. EdiPro provided strong editorial expertise while minimizing complications and time constraints for the client.
- Absorbed 25-30 journal titles with varying states of backlog
- Oversaw the copyedit of up to 1000+ articles monthly
- Reduced late article submissions eight-fold
- Automated consistent style guide rule application
- Improved training materials
Process & Approach
After initial information gathering sessions to better understand the client’s needs, we developed a rudimentary workflow to take on the work immediately. We monitored our processes during this initial phase and began to introduce efficiencies. The development of live data monitoring tools allowed for the tracking of an article’s lifecycle once received, and we generated monthly performance reports from this data to share with the client and better track our overall performance. We hired a coordinator to absorb the administrative tasks associated with this work and allow our editorial staff to focus their efforts. We built training materials for freelancers, expanding style guides and developing online courses to expedite onboarding. Lastly, we developed automated tools to pre-edit manuscripts before editorial review; this ensured that style rules were consistently applied and allowed our editorial staff to focus on higher-level concerns. Partnering with EdiPro unburdened our client from the stresses of managing schedules, copyediting, and quality assurance.
Outcome & Results
The results from these changes lead to a dramatic increase in copyediting quality, client workload capacity, and timely turnarounds.
Our work and responsibilities to the client included:
- Management of high manuscript volume, including unpredictable ebbs and flows
- Coordination of internal and external staff to meet tight schedules
- On-boarding and training of copyediting staff according to style guides that were unique to each title
- Navigation of online platform for daily intake of new files
- Combination and formatting of multiple files with tailored automated pre-editing tools
- Quality assurance reviews of files
- Uploading of files to the proprietary online system
EdiPro is the chosen copyediting and proofreading service provider for authors throughout the United States. We specialize in APA formatting across industries and for individual publication. No matter the subject matter, we can help strengthen the language of your educational material. Contact us to learn more about how partnering with EdiPro can improve your styling and formatting for publication.